Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A good reminder for me.

It is easy to get caught up in all the "what I don't haves". I don't mean to live that way, for certain, but there are times when I find myself wishing I had this or that, or more money, or more time. Wishing I didn't have to work, even though I only work part time. Wishing someone else would do my dishes or clean my bathrooms.

But you know, I have it pretty darn good.

Let's not even start comparing how I live to how people in third world countries live. I only have to look down the street in my neighborhood, across the pews in church or to friends I know around the country to remind me that I have no cause for complaint.

We have plenty. I don't have to worry about paying our bills or buying food. We aren't behind on our mortgage. My husband has a good job. I am able to stay home with our children and even though I do work to help make ends meet, it is doing something I'm good at, I'm paid fairly and can work from home, and entirely on my own schedule.

Seriously, what do I have to complain about?

The answer to that is nothing. I have a comfortable life, if not an extravagant one. And I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment