Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The dreaded laundry beast




Oh enormous pile of laundry, how you mock me. I walk by and you stare, unblinking, your eyes a torment. No matter how I try, your size only grows, larger and larger with each passing day. You swallow up tiny socks in your gaping maw, never to be seen again (especially 5 minutes before school when said socks are so desperately needed). You tilt and tumble, spilling your contents in my path, as if to remind me further of your dreaded presence. You tempt unruly children with your softness, calling to them to jump on you, risking the threatened time-out of doom.



But what is this I hear? A champion? A knight worthy of this foe? The laundry pile doth tremble in fear at the sight of her!



Yes, it is true. I have come! I attack the pile with reckless abandon, sorting, folding, stacking. And then..... putting away! By some great miracle, or perhaps a trick of sorcery, socks are found! Shirts are shaken and sleeves turned right! Pants are folded neatly and put in their place. The mocking smile of the pile is stilled, crushed and broken. Piece by piece, the dreaded pile is no more. The champion hath defeated the dreaded beast!



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment